Friday, June 29, 2012

Update

I know it's been a while.  I haven't been able to keep up with the blog like usual because of the summer reading program.  It's been taking a lot of time.  Hopefully I will be able to keep up a bit better with the blog from now on.

I did want to quickly post a little bit about the meeting we had on Wednesday.  We made dream catchers for the craft.  The book centered on dreams so much, I thought it would be fun.  They were made out of plastic cup rims (18 oz), string, and yarn then decorated with beads and feathers.  We didn't have time to finish them, so I wasn't able to get any pictures like I wanted to, but the ones the girls were making were turning out really well.  We got so involved with the craft that we didn't have time to discuss the book very much.

The next book for the book club is The Wish Giver by Bill Brittain.  It's about three children who each have one wish.  They can wish for anything they want.  What would you wish for?

No comments:

Post a Comment