Friday, January 27, 2012

Meeting Musings: Dragon Slippers

I have a great time at the meeting last Wednesday!  Dragon Slippers is a wonderful book and I really enjoyed reading it.  I love Creel.  She's not afraid to go after what she wants and doesn't put up with bullies. 

As we were discussing the book, we made paper shoes and decorated them.  Here are a few pictures.

All the shoes inspired by the book

Diane's and Lydia's shoes

Another close-up

We had a lot of fun designing the shoes.  I'm sad I can't wear some of them.  They will be on display at the St. George Library so come and see them!

Our next book is Maniac Magee by Jerry Spinelli.  It's in honor of Black History Month.  Come pick up your copy at the library.  Our next meeting in February 22, 2012 @ 7:00 pm.  I'll see you there!

Gloria


1 comment: